Ukuvuma Solutions (Pty) Ltd. And it’s affiliates (collectively “UKUVUMA”, “us” and “we”) understand the importance of protecting personal information.
This Privacy Statement describes how UKUVUMA collects and uses personal information, with whom this is shared, and choices and rights in relation to this personal information.
This policy applies to personal information collected from clients and individuals during interactions with UKUVUMA, whether online, including through websites (including mobile sites), social media sites and mobile applications (collectively “Internet Services”) that link to this Privacy Statement, in writing or orally, or personal information that UKUVUMA may collect offline or receive from third parties.
2. Personal information that may be collected:
UKUVUMA is subject to the Protection of Personal Information Act, No. 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”), the main operative provisions of which still have to be enacted.
Depending on how you interact with us, personal information we collect may include but without limitation:
- your name
- email address
- postal address
- telephone number
- log-in and account information for authentication purposes and account access
- your gender and
- social media account information.
UKUVUMA may also collect other
information that does not personally identify you. Such other information
includes browser and device information, website and application usage data, IP
addresses, demographic information such as marketing preferences, geographic location,
language, and information collected through cookies and other technologies or
information that has been anonymised or aggregated. If we link this information
with your personal information, we will treat such
linked information as personal information.
You can choose not to provide personal information to us when requested. However, if this is necessary to provide you with our solutions, products and services, access to our Internet Services, or to perform administrative functions, we may be unable to do these things.
3. How personal information is collected:
Personal information may be collected in a variety of ways when interacting with UKUVUMA, including:
- Accessing UKUVUMA Internet Services, or interacting with UKUVUMA in any other way, or use our solutions, products and services such as:
- When placing orders for solutions, products and services, creating an account, processing your orders and payment transactions, performing administrative and business functions, marketing UKUVUMA solutions, products and services to you and when registering for our events, workshops and seminars or subscribe to our mailing lists and newsletters.
- Communicating with UKUVUMA such as:
- When responding to inquiries and requests, obtaining feedback about our solutions, products and services or applying for employment with UKUVUMA.
- From third party sources such as:
- Public databases, social media sites, business partners with whom UKUVUMA offers co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities and third parties that provide list enhancement or similar services.
4. Legal basis for processing personal information
When processing personal information in connection with the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement, UKUVUMA may rely on one or more of the following legal bases, depending on the purpose for which the processing activity is undertaken and the nature of the relationship:
- Our legitimate interests (or those of a third party with whom we share personal information) for the purpose of managing, operating or promoting our business, including direct marketing, and transfers within the UKUVUMA Group of companies of personal information for business and administrative purposes, except where such interests are overridden by interests or fundamental rights or freedoms which require protection of personal information.
- Where this is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
- To protect the vital interests of any individual.
- Where you have consented for such processing to take place.
5. Use of your personal information
UKUVUMA may use personal information in order to achieve the following:
- Enable the effective use and to improve UKUVUMA solutions, products and services, for example to:
- Perform administrative and business functions and internal reporting.
- Send administrative information.
- Obtain feedback about UKUVUMA services, products and solutions including through client satisfaction surveys, only using personal information for the sole purpose of sending the survey.
- Respond to inquiries and fulfil requests.
- Assess the performance of Internet Services and improve their operation.
- Inform parties about and provide parties with products, services and solutions.
- Updating records and keeping contact details up to date.
UKUVUMA engages in these activities to manage our contractual relationships, to comply with legal obligations, or for our legitimate business interests.
- Provide clients with marketing materials and to personalise the
experience with us, for
- Send marketing communications.
- Subscribe to our newsletters and mailing lists.
- Enable clients to register for UKUVUMA events, workshops and seminars.
We engage in these activities with client consent or for legitimate business interests.
- Achieve the business purposes and analyse information. For example,
- Establish, manage, and maintain business relationships.
- Compile usage statistics for Internet Services.
- Recruit staff.
- Process and respond to privacy requests, questions, concerns and complaints.
- Fulfil legal and contractual obligations.
UKUVUMA engages in these activities to manage our contractual relationship, to comply with a legal obligation and for our legitimate business interests.
6. Sharing your personal information
Sharing personal information for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement (as applicable):
- With our subsidiaries for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement. UKUVUMA is the party responsible for the management of jointly used personal information.
- With business partners with whom UKUVUMA offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities.
- With service providers to provide operational services or facilitate transactions on our behalf, including but not limited to processing of orders, assisting with sales-related activities or post-sales support, client support, email delivery, data analytics and auditing.
- Where clients consent to the sharing of personal information.
- In connection with any joint venture, merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company.
- Where applicable, for credit reference, fraud prevention or business scoring agencies, or other credit scoring agencies.
- For debt collection agencies or other debt recovery organisations.
- For other legal reasons:
- We may share personal information in response to a request for information by a competent authority in accordance with, or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- Where necessary to comply with judicial proceedings, court orders or government orders; or
- To protect the rights, property or safety of UKUVUMA, its business partners, clients, or others, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
7. Security of personal information
UKUVUMA is committed to protecting personal information from accidental or unlawful destruction, damage, loss, alteration, unauthorised access or disclosure by using reasonable, appropriate, physical, administrative and technical safeguards and contractually requiring that third parties to whom we disclose personal information do the same.
8. Cross border transfers
UKUVUMA has a number of operations outside of South Africa and may transfer personal information to countries where we conduct business or to international organisations in connection with the purposes identified above and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
9. Cookies and Similar Technologies
When accessing UKUVUMA Internet Services, cookies (small text files containing a unique ID number which are placed on your PC or device) and similar technologies including scripts, embedded web links and web beacons are used. This assists with activities such as:
- Enabling sign in to our Internet Services;
- Keeping track of informationprovided;
- Improving browsing experience;
- Customising interactions with clients;
- Storing and managing preferences and settings;
- Compiling statistical data;
- Analysing the performance and usability of Internet Services;
- Measuring traffic patterns for UKUVUMA Internet Services; and
- Determining which areas of UKUVUMA Internet Services have been visited.
These technologies collect information that browsers send to UKUVUMA Internet Services including browser type, IP addresses (a unique identifier assigned to your computer or device which allows your PC or device to communicate over the Internet), together with the date, time and duration of the visit, the pages viewed and the links selected.
10. Links to third party websites and applications
Internet Services may contain links to third party websites and applications. UKUVUMA does not take responsibility for and make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices or content of any third party websites and applications. Use of such sites and applications is subject to the applicable third party privacy statement and is at own risk.
11. Direct marketing
UKUVUMA may send direct marketing communications about solutions, products and services.
Clients may opt out of receiving marketing materials at any time and manage communication preferences by:
- Following the unsubscribe instructions included in each marketing email or SMS text message from us;
- Sending an email to the sender of the marketing communications; or
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon opting out of receiving marketing related communications from us, UKUVUMA may still send administrative messages as part of the ongoing use of our products, solutions and services, which clients may be unable to opt out of.
12. Retaining your personal information
UKUVUMA will retain personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected unless a longer retention period is required to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, or enforce agreements. The criteria used to determine retention periods include whether:
- UKUVUMA is under a legal, contractual or other obligation to retain personal information, or as part of an investigation or for litigation purposes;
- Personal information is needed to maintain accurate business and financial records;
- UKUVUMA is provided with consented to retaining personal information for a longer retention period.
13. Updates to this Privacy Statement
UKUVUMA may update this Privacy Statement at any time and it is encouraged to regularly review this Privacy Statement to stay informed about our privacy practices.
14. How to contact us
If you have any complaints, requests or questions about how your personal information is handled by UKUVUMA, you have a privacy concern or you wish to make a request or a complaint relating to your personal information, please contact us at:
086 101 7444
Unit A6, Heuwelsig Office Park, 6763 Seedcracker Street