Network and Desktop Support Administrator
The role as network and desktop support administrator will be responsible for monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of the organisation. Administrators must be able to install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person.
The administrator is required to have in depth knowledge base of IT that span over more than one areas of expertise. The administrator need to have excellent communication skills and have the ability to work well with other staff members and clients.
- The technician will be responsible for the smooth running of computer systems, servers and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them.
- It is an inherent requirement of your condition of employment that overtime needs to be worked. This may include weekends and Public Holidays. Overtime will not automatically attract overtime claims by or payments to the holder of the mentioned position.
- Has the ability to visualize, articulate and solve both complex and uncomplicated problems and concepts and make decisions that are sensible and based on available information. Such skills include demonstration of the ability to apply logical thinking to gathering and analysing information, designing and testing solutions to problems, and formulating plans.
- Attention to detail.
- Perform tier1, diagnostics, and resolution of desktop problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair for remote users as needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot all client servers and server applications.
- Collaborate with MSD technicians/technical manager to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop and server computing environment.
- Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, tickets and/or e-mails regarding desktop and server problems.
- Ensure that physical desktop connections (i.e. RJ-45 Ethernet jacks, RJ-11 telephone modem jacks, connectors between PCs and servers, etc.) are in proper working order.
- Perform installs as well as Move Add and Changes on desktop Phones
- Troubleshoot mobile phone issues.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop operations.
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future desktop hardware needs.
- Write technical specifications for purchase of PCs, desktop hardware and related products.
You will need to show evidence of the following:
- The ability to think logically
- A good memory of how software and operating systems work
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- The ability to work well in a team
- Problem solving skills
- A strong customer focus
- The ability to prioritise your workload
- Attention to detail
• 2-4 years work experience in Network and Desktop Support in a consulting environment working with multiple clients
• Excellent English verbal and written communications skills
• Drivers licence and own reliable vehicle
• Microsoft Technical exams completed
• MCSA Windows 7\8\8.\10
• Office 2010\2013
• Lync\Skype for Business
• Hardware/Software troubleshooting
• Dealing with vendors and suppliers
• Ordering of equipment/stock
• Basic Printer Support knowledge
• Active directory : 2 years
• Pastel knowledge
• Office 365
How To Apply For The Position
If you are interested in this position and joining our vibrant team please respond to this job advertisement by applying online on this website and attached a cover letter, telling us a bit more about yourself, a copy of your ID and your CV and references. Only applications that follow these instructions will be considered.